OFFICE OF THE CHILD & YOUTH ADVOCATE
The Child & Youth Advocate
- Ensures the rights and interests of children and youth are protected;
· Ensures the views of children and youth are heard and considered where those views might not otherwise be advanced;
· Ensures children and youth have access to approved services and that complaints about these services receive appropriate attention;
· Provides information and advice to government, government agencies and communities about the availability, effectiveness, responsiveness and relevance of services to children and youth; and
· Acts as an advocate for the rights and interests of children and youth in general.
Iquiries and requests for advocacy can be made to the Child & Youth Advocate in writing, by fax, over the phone, via email, or in person (by appointment). The services of the Child & Youth Advocate are free.