Business New Brunswick
Companies receive Innovation Recognition Awards (08/10/21)
Oct. 21, 2008
FREDERICTON (CNB) - Fifteen New Brunswick companies were honoured last night for their ability to adopt innovative practices, as Business New Brunswick Minister Greg
Byrne announced the Innovation Recognition Award recipients.
"These companies have demonstrated that in New Brunswick you can be more innovative, more creative and more successful," said Byrne. "Our innovative small businesses will
be integral to achieving our goal of self-sufficiency by 2026."
The award recipients were nominated by their local Enterprise agency. The recognition takes place every year at the beginning of Small Business Week.
The 2008 winners are:
- Maritime Dimension Hardwoods Inc., Woodstock, nominated by Enterprise Carleton;
- The Panel Shop Inc., Hanwell, nominated by Enterprise Central NB;
- Green Kore Inc., Bathurst, nominated by Enterprise Chaleur;
- Baywood, A division of Everwood Maritimes Inc., St. Andrews, nominated by Enterprise Charlotte;
- LuminUltra Technologies Ltd., Fredericton, nominated by Enterprise Fredericton;
- Acadian Sturgeon and Caviar Inc., Carters Point, nominated by Enterprise Fundy;
- R.D. Enterprises Inc., Grand Falls, nominated by Enterprise Grand Falls;
- Maritime Hydraulic Repair Center (1997) Ltd., Moncton, nominated by Enterprise Greater Moncton;
- La Savonnerie Olivier Soapery, Sainte-Anne-de-Kent, nominated by Enterprise Kent;
- Sucrerie Maurifils Inc., St. Hilaire, nominated by Enterprise Madawaska;
- Hebert's Recycling Inc., Miramichi, nominated by Enterprise Miramichi;
- The Tank Shop Inc., Caraquet, nominated by Enterprise Peninsula;
- PLC Info Inc., Dalhousie, nominated by Enterprise Restigouche;
- N. Y. Thermal Inc. (Entec Inc.), Saint John, nominated by Enterprise Saint John; and
- Thulium Farms, Little Shemogue, nominated by Enterprise Southeast.
"Our 26,000 small businesses make an outstanding contribution to the provincial economy," Byrne said. "New Brunswick is home to several dynamic and innovative companies,
and these recipients are some examples of the many small businesses that exemplify these traits. I congratulate these award winners and all of the successful businesses that
continue to be innovative here in our province."
MEDIA CONTACT: Ryan Donaghy, Communications, Business New Brunswick, 506-453-2694.