Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour
2009-10 New Brunswick Community College entry scholarships awarded (09/07/07)
July 7, 2009
FREDERICTON (CNB) - Entry scholarships from the New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
and the Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB) have been given to 72 graduates of
anglophone and francophone high schools around the province, Post-Secondary Education, Training and
Labour Minister Donald Arseneault announced today.
"These scholarships reward students with additional funding to allow them to continue their work toward a
post-secondary education," said Arseneault. "Assisting financially through these scholarships further
demonstrates the Government of New Brunswick's commitment to make post-secondary education more
affordable and accessible."
The scholarships are worth $1,000. To be eligible, recipients must already be accepted into one of the
province's 12 NBCC-CCNB campuses. Each high school was responsible for selecting its own successful
applicant, with selection based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities and financial need.
Scholarships are awarded in two installments: a $500 reduction in tuition fees at the beginning of the
school year; and a $500 reduction in tuition fees at the beginning of the second semester, upon the
successful completion of first semester courses. The awards are non-renewable and are funded by the
"I would like to congratulate all recipients, and wish them success as they begin their education at our
community colleges," said Arseneault. "As we move forward with Be Inspired. Be Ready. Be Better. The
Action Plan to Transform Post-Secondary Education in New Brunswick, we have worked to increase the
number of accessible spaces available in community colleges, while promoting an affordable education for
The scholarship recipients are:
CCNB - Campus de Bathurst
- Alex McAlpine, Centre scolaire Samuel-de-Champlain (Grand Bay-Westfield);
- Matthieu Boisvert, École Régionale de Baie Sainte-Anne (Baie-Sainte-Anne);
- René Richard, École Secondaire Assomption (Collette); and
- Cinthia-Line Roy, Secondaire Népisiguit (Tétagouche Nord).
CCNB - Campus de Campbellton
- Jeanny Ward, École Marie-Esther (Petite-Rivière-de-l'Île);
- Jessie Paquet, Polyvalente A.-J.-Savoie (Saint-Quentin); and
- Samuel Cormier, Polyvalente Louis-Mailloux (Grande-Anse).
CCNB - Campus de Dieppe
- Mireille Thibodeau, Centre scolaire communautaire La fontaine (Lagacéville);
- Vicki Montreuil, Cité-des-Jeunes-A.-M.-Sormany (Rivière-Verte);
- Mélanie Fahey, École Clément-Cormier (Saint-Antoine);
- André Langlais, École Grande-Rivière (Saint-Léonard-Parent);
- Stéphanie Belliveau, École Louis-J.-Robichaud (Shediac);
- Justin Maillet, École Mathieu-Martin (Dieppe);
- Manon Cormier, École Mgr-Marcel-François-Richard (Richibouctou-Village); and
- Vincent Lagacé, Polyvalente Roland-Pépin (Val D'Amour).
CCNB - Campus d'Edmundston
- Charles Boucher, John Caldwell School (Grand Falls);
- Alexandra-Cloé Bernard, École Aux Quatre Vents (Balmoral);
- Joël Aubé, École Marie-Gaétane (Kedgwick);
- Joey Bruno Ouellette, Polyvalente Thomas-Albert (Saint-André); and
- Christel McLaughlin, Polyvalente W.-Arthur-Losier (Tracadie-Sheila).
New Brunswick College of Craft and Design
- Lauren McFarlane, Sir James Dunn Academy (Saint Andrews).
NBCC - Miramichi Campus
- Remi LeBlanc, Bathurst High School (Bathurst);
- Karissa Gorbett, Blackville School (Lockstead);
- Joshua Donaher, Bonar Law Memorial School (Galloway);
- Lacey Lucienne LeBlanc, Doaktown Consolidated High School (Blissfield);
- Jared McGinn, James M. Hill Memorial High School (Miramichi);
- Tyler Lannan-McLeod, Miramichi Valley High School (Miramichi);
- Kaylee White, North and South Esk Regional High School (Whitney); and
- Stefan McLaughlin, École Carrefour Beausoleil (Beaverbrook).
NBCC - Moncton campus
- David H. Peddle, Bernice MacNaughton High School (Moncton);
- Jason Stevens, Caledonia Regional High School (Cape Station);
- Nicholas Belyea, Cambridge-Narrows School (Cambridge Narrows);
- Kyle Fenske, Carleton North Senior High School (Greenfield);
- Steven Kevin Albert Goodwin, Chipman Forest Avenue School (Chipman);
- Douglas J. Murphy, Dalhousie Regional High School (Dalhousie);
- Nicholas Mason Matthews, Harrison Trimble High School (Berry Mills);
- Geoffrey M. McGillicuddy, McAdam High School (St. Croix);
- Kristal Hooton, Moncton High School (Moncton);
- Chelsey Rouse, Petitcodiac Regional School (Mannhurst);
- Christopher A. J. Sanderson, Riverview High School (Riverview);
- Luc Morin, Southern Victoria High School (Aroostook);
- Maurice Bossé, St. Mary's Academy (Saint-Jacques);
- Lindsey Murphy, Sussex Regional High School (Apohaqui);
- Patrick O'Connell, École L'Odyssée (Moncton); and
- Natasha Kervin, École Sainte-Anne (Beaver Dam).
NBCC - St. Andrews campus
- Chance Fitzsimmons, Campobello Island Consolidated School (Wilsons Beach);
- Diana Elizabeth Green, Grand Manan Community School (Grand Manan);
- Joshua Moore, J.M.A. Armstrong/Salisbury Middle School (Colpitts Settlement);
- Sarah May Smith, St. Stephen High School (Heathland); and
- Jeffrey Stephen Merrill, Stanley Regional High School (Tay Creek).
NBCC - Saint John campus
- Kaitlyn Kennedy, Belleisle Regional High School (Quispamsis);
- Amanda Ashley Leeman, Fundy High School (Letang);
- Chelsea Britt, Hampton High School (Hampton);
- Matthew Cassidy, Harbour View High School (Oak Point);
- Curtis Whittaker, Kennebecasis Valley High School (Rothesay);
- Daniel An, Leo Hayes High School (Fredericton);
- Emily Storey-Nash, Minto Memorial High School (New Avon);
- Jacob Lamey, Nackawic Senior High School (Nackawic);
- Devin Shannon, Oromocto High School (Wirral);
- Christopher Sleep, Rothesay High School (Rothesay);
- Brent Holt, Saint John High School (Saint John);
- Vanessa Belyea, Simonds High School (Saint John);
- Cheyanne Gamblin, St. Malachy's Memorial High School (Saint John);
- Craig Boucher, Sugarloaf Senior High School (Campbellton); and
- Jordan Wood, Tantramar Regional High School (Sackville).
NBCC - Woodstock campus
- Bryan Edwards, Canterbury High School (Canterbury);
- Victoria Olney, Hartland Community School (Hartland);
- Kelsey Elizabeth Marston, Harvey High School (Harvey Station);
- Tyla Myles, Tobique Valley High School (Plaster Rock); and
- Jennifer Pike, Woodstock High School (Jacksonville).
NBCC - Fredericton campus
- Amanda M. DaSilva, Fredericton High School (Fredericton);
- Jillian Bruce, Upper Miramichi Regional High School (Boiestown).
MEDIA CONTACT: Sheri Strickland, communications, Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour, 506-453-8617.