MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SOCIETY OF CANADA - ATLANTIC DIVISION
Web Site: www.mssociety.ca
1 - 109 Ilsley Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1S8
Telephone: (902) 468-8230
Toll-free: (800) 268-7582
Fax: (902) 468-5328
This program assists individuals in purchasing equipment specific to their MS needs.
What kind of equipment is funded?
- Mobility and assistive devices
- Minor home modifications
- Bathroom equipment (accessibility and safety devices)
- Equipment repair
How much funding is available?
This program funds a maximum of $450 per applicant toward the purchase of equipment.
Is there an application deadline?
There is not an official deadline; however, once funds have been depleted, the program will close until the following fiscal year. Our fiscal year runs from January through December. Applications will not be accepted once the program has closed.
How do I apply?
Download the Application Form - English (French ) or contact the Atlantic Division to speak with the Administrator, Quality of Life Grants for an application package or to clarify your application needs.
All applications must be accompanied by:
- Completed and signed application form
- Completed and signed Declaration of Financial Need
- Two price quotes for the item
- Confirmation of MS diagnosis for first applicants
- A written recommendation for:
- Mobility aids, assistive devices, orthotic devices, communication devices by an occupational therapist, physiotherapist or physiatrist (physical medicine doctor)
- Minor home modifications by an occupational therapist
Special Assistance Program
The Special Assistance Program has been designed to meet essential quality of life needs faced by persons with Multiple Sclerosis. Funding is provided for incontinence products and medical alarms.
The Emergency and Long Distance Travel Program assists with costs associated with attending unexpected medically necessary appointments which requires long distance travel, or emergency transportation. Please contact the Client Services Coordinator to discuss if your travel is eligible under our program.