Privacy: Discussion Paper # 2
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A. Is there a need for private sector legislation?
B. What might data protection legislation say?
B.1 The scope of data protection legislation
a. To whom will the Act apply?
b. What is meant by "personal information"?
B.2 The CSA Principles
- CSA Principle 1 --Accountability
- CSA Principle 2 --Identifying Purposes
- CSA Principle 3 --Consent
- CSA Principle 4 --Limiting Collection
- CSA Principle 5 --Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
- CSA Principle 6 --Accuracy
- CSA Principle 7 --Safeguards
- CSA Principle 8 --Openness
- CSA Principle 9 --Individual Access
- CSA Principle 10 --Challenging Compliance
B.3 Other Issues Arising
a. Sectoral Codes
II. Privacy In General
A. Judicial remedies for Invasion of Privacy
A.1 Existing Remedies
A.2 A Tort of Invasion of Privacy?
A.3 To Legislate or Not
B. Non-Judicial Remedies for Infringements of Privacy
B.1 "Infringements of Privacy"
B.2 Beyond a Social Sanction?
B.3 Possible models